California Extreme Finals Watchable via TourneyCam

Two time defending World Pinball Champion Keith Elwin at California Extreme earlier this month on Dr. Who versus Jim Belsito. Spark behind TourneyCam is coming courtesy Randy Elwin of Pinball 101 fame.

1. Steve
    July 25, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Does this mean we can hope for a TourneyCam appearance at Papa13? Please please live overhead video so the spectators can see!

2. Greg
    July 26, 2010 at 9:20 am

That was incredible! Thanks for posting.

3. July 26, 2010 at 4:34 pm

Seeing this video made me smile. You could actually have commentators do play-by-play during competition, if we had this perspective. I was watching this wishing I could do some sort of play-by-play and strategy talk with a Telestrator. Forget the EVO tournaments, lets live stream THIS.

4. Bowen
    July 26, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Man, does this look nice. Excellent work Randy! Nice pinball playin’ too 😉

5. July 27, 2010 at 5:30 am

Nice game to watch, between two very good players. Curious why Player 1, on his final ball, goes for the “Dalek bumps” in the middle in a risky effort for Multiball? The ballsaver, on a tournament game, isn’t long enough to let you complete the entire 5×3 grid before it runs out. Since those rebounds are very risky, Player 1 ends up draining. Why not just stick with the safest strategy of just spinning around the WHO loops? I don’t blame Player 1 for being bored of that, though 🙂

6. Mats Runsten
    July 28, 2010 at 2:38 am

As stated on another place there are a lot of us hoping for live streaming on the web (using the excellent tourney cam) from the PAPA-finals. That would simply be awsome!
    /Mats

7. Jonny O
    July 31, 2010 at 12:07 am

I had a boom setup similar to Randy’s at CAX, but since Randy was recording on four games, I switched mine to mobile mode and took over the shoulder vids of SS and EM. You can check them out on my youtube channel.

Same setup will be at Pacific Pinball Expo.