Flash meets Bowen

Move over Flash Gordon! In today’s comic strip, Bowen visits planet Mongo to battle Ming the Merciless with little more than a slap save, tap pass, and laser-like aim.

POW!!!

It will take more than meteors and the icy winds of Frigia to keep Captain Kerins down!

WHOOOOSH!!!

There goes Bowen — Racing through the forest kingdom of Arboria in his skin-tight, futuristic space suit!

CRAAAACK!!!

There goes the free-game knocker! Hurry and watch the video below as the Prince of Pinball fights back with a rough and tumble tutorial for Flash Gordon!

1. bowen
    March 2, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Umm, yeah, that intro might be a little overbearing… but… yeah. Nicely done.

Two weeks to Pinburgh! Sign up if you haven’t!

2. bowen
    March 2, 2011 at 11:26 pm

The Flash Gordon high score noted, 3.3 million, was set in regular arcade play (with extra balls) sometime prior to PAPA 13.

The scores on Flash Gordon from PAPA 13 Classics can be found here:

3. Kevin
    March 3, 2011 at 1:59 am

Bowen, there’s one on location at the Seattle Pinball Museum!

All the machines are on free play (you pay an admission fee though) so you can fail at Flash Gordon all day long and it won’t cost extra.

4. David
    March 3, 2011 at 2:03 am

I love these vids. Thanks!

This is one brutal game. And, to be honest, manufacturers did themselves no favours with such games. They just reinforced the idea of pinball being a game of luck.

5. March 3, 2011 at 1:07 pm

It’s great to see you struggle with a really tough machine. I was getting nervous once you got deep into that good ball. Well done sir! And thanks as always for the explanation of moves. I’m learning a lot by watching these!

6. matthew brehe
    March 3, 2011 at 10:11 pm

A good tip for those soft passes is to not have your finger tip hit the flipper button. instead hit the cabinet with your finger tip and have the middle of your finger just glance the button.

But yeah, they are sketchy. I would almost rather post pass if possible.

7. David
    March 9, 2011 at 9:11 pm

More vids please! The addiction must be fed!

8. Dan
    November 3, 2011 at 8:10 am

Glad to see I’m not the only one that gets my ass kicked by this game.I own one of these so yea it’s a very tough game!
    Don’t play XENON if you think this game is hard!Yea..I own one of those also..Bally’s are FUN…!Yea more VIDEOS!