Pinburgh Tournament Footage!

The dam is starting to crack! We have video of countless games from the recent Pinburgh tournament, and we’ll be regularly adding them to the blog for viewing. Keep checking back for more!

In this particular video, we present the Division “A” semi-final tiebreaker featuring:
Player 1: Rob Wintler-Cox
Player 2: Jorian Engelbrektsson
Player 3: Robert Gagno

The top two players in the match advance.

1. David
    March 28, 2011 at 4:22 am

Thanks for all these vids!

2. David
    March 28, 2011 at 6:10 am

BTW, having Bowen’s commentary on these vids is outstanding.

3. Tylt
    March 28, 2011 at 7:35 am

Thanks.

I will enjoy these over the next weeks. Most likely numerous times for a lot of them.

Can I suggest that these videos are overlayed by PERMANENT information like “Player 1 – Bowen Kerins – Ball 2” etc. Displayed vertically beside the playfield. Not necessary in big lettering. But all the time. Below flippers it not a good place, because that is sometimes scrolled out the viewable area.

It makes it much easier to enjoy these. Especially when skipping thru or perhaps trying to see the game of a particular player.

Thanks.

4. BC_Gambit
    March 29, 2011 at 1:02 am

Thank you as always for these great vids; they are appreciated. It makes me wish I had gone pin crazy and flown in, maybe someday…

5. March 29, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Thanks so much for commentating Bowen! It really adds a lot to the videos, and helps me understand what’s happening, especially if it’s a machine (like this one) which I have not played before.

I eagerly await the next video!

6. Kevin
    March 29, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Awesome. Little bit of a glare issue that I haven’t noticed in your tutorial vids though. I guess you play in the dark? Or maybe a polarizing filter has been added to the video setup?

7. David
    March 29, 2011 at 11:28 pm

The two videos posted so far appear to be the same match? (But each has a different commentary by Bowen?)

Tres weird! But appreciated nonetheless.

8. David
    March 29, 2011 at 11:28 pm

p.s. Tommy looks like a total drain monster. That left outlane is murder.

March 29, 2011 at 11:49 pm

@ Kevin… the tutorial videos are a completely different setup, and we do everything we can to eliminate glare. The tournament setup doesn’t allow for us to use the same system, but we’re working on some things to eliminate glare for the World Pinball Championship in August. It’s on the agenda!

@David… Only one video has been posted so far, but we did update the audio to try and make it better. The next one should be finished up real soon.

March 29, 2011 at 11:51 pm

p.s. Tommy IS a drain monster… but at least the outlanes are better than Jive Time!

11. bowen
    March 30, 2011 at 11:29 am

@David: I was upset by an error in my commentary, right off the bat I called it “Pinburgh 2001”. So we re-recorded it and republished the video. The current version on this page should be the better one.

Two notes: Keith Elwin also won Pinburgh 2001, and we had a very young child visit PAPA on Saturday afternoon with parents — his first question was whether or not PAPA had a Jive Time! I was floored.

12. JWS
    March 30, 2011 at 7:35 pm

question for Bowen-
    Have you watched your own tutorials? Are you gaining insights about your own game play watching yourself?