Do you love the Fish Tales?

Local lore says there’s a lunker high score lurking in them there waters. Watch Bowen catch a monster fish and search for the elusive Super Jackpot in an all new PAPA tutorial.

***
Pre-register for PAPA 14: The World Pinball Championships here.
***

Vertical version here.

1. David
    June 7, 2011 at 3:49 am

Fantastic video! Many thanks.

2. Tomdotcom
    June 7, 2011 at 11:23 am

One of my fave pins, my best is 1.7 billion, with standard rules, 3 ball, and lightning flippers..thx for posting!

3. Broasted
    June 7, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Bowen, can I seriously get you to make one of these every day. I always drop what I’m doing to watch these. I need more. Great choice of pin, I also love the similar table Taxi.

4. June 7, 2011 at 3:26 pm

I think the most interesting part of this video was the discussion of mind set, when you know you have an important shot to make. Pretending it’s the FIRST instead of the LAST shot in a series is a great mental trick! Thanks for the glimpse into the mindset of a true pinball wizard!

5. owlnonymous
    June 7, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Good gosh Tomdotcom. Was the glass on 😛

6. LDK
    June 7, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Agree that the insights into how one could handle cluch shots are really interesting.

One thing to add for non-tournament play on FT is to make sure you rack up extra balls early in the game. That means shooting long casts to light captive ball for “light video mode” (which can give extra ball) and of course “light extra ball”. Collecting those captive ball hits is best done during multiball.

Btw: This FT seems to be ultra-fast!

June 7, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Lyman Sheats: PAPA 7
    Fishtales: 5,022,619,320

8. Pete Evans
    June 7, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Great job as always. Thanks again for doing these.

9. bowen
    June 7, 2011 at 11:57 pm

Thanks Broasted. I am available for a career re-assignment at only $1000 per tutorial!

Lyman’s PAPA 7 game is made all the more incredible by pointing out it came in the FINAL ROUNDS and not during qualifying. Glenn Wilson had the best Fish Tales game I’ve ever seen in qualifying, pushing 12 billion at Pinburgh 2001.

Extra balls completely change the game on Fish Tales, since 2 EBs are available per run through the captive ball. This allows for marathon games on Fish Tales and makes going for Super Jackpots more of an option.

It is ultra-fast! That’s PAPA, baby! More videos to come.

10. Broasted
    June 8, 2011 at 11:12 pm

Bowen, if I had a grand for each video, I’d have my own PAPA location in the midwest where I’m from. Sadly are we have around here are the stragglers you see in bars that rarely play right. I guess I will just continue to watch and wait like some broke chump that I am.

11. June 9, 2011 at 12:11 pm

If I had a grand for each video, I might be doing the same thing 😉

Enjoy and keep playing!

12. David
    June 9, 2011 at 8:18 pm

A video a day? Heh!

We’re so lucky to get one a week. These things must take ages to prepare, shoot and edit.

Many thanks again, guys. Really appreciating these great vids.

13. LHA
    June 14, 2011 at 6:00 am

@Bowen Can you imagine how many hours these movies steal from my work?
    If I get fired I’ll blame you. =)

14. OX
    June 16, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Really Love these tutorials.
    Thanks so much Bowen!
    this will put me in good stead for an upcoming tournament in Sydney.