Love Never Dies

Bowen battles a finicky coffin lock AND the undead in this Dracula Tutorial. We cut him a little slack though and let him have a few extra balls. This was Bowen’s first game on the setup, and before we knew it, he had a few billion points on the DMD. Enjoy.

1. tomdotcom
    September 19, 2011 at 1:02 am

Wow great game, beat my best by about double, even with that VERY messed up coffin lock.

Thanks for the new video, I currently own a Fishtales, Shadow, and BSD, all of which you’ve done tuts for recently!

2. Broasted
    September 19, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Wow, Bowen, that was an amazing game. Thanks for the tutorials, I finally will have a clue next time I play Dracula. Keep ’em coming my boy. Makes my day every time I see a new one.

3. David
    September 19, 2011 at 6:28 pm

One thing to try is to do the cross-ramp-thing. L ramp, hold up R flipper, optionally catch, plenty of time to aim, R ramp, hold up L flipper, optionally catch, time to aim, L ramp, etc etc…

Of course depends on the specific Dracula you’re playing if this is possible.

4. Womble
    September 20, 2011 at 12:06 am

Thank you guys. Great game Bowen!

I was following along, twitching my fingers at the appropriate times, and I know for certain that I would have drained on some of those reflex shots you made with ease.

5. MKGort
    September 20, 2011 at 11:40 am

Thanks for another great tutorial! These (and this site) are truly appreciated.

6. OX
    September 26, 2011 at 12:22 am

Nice one again Bowen!
    Thanks so much!

7. September 26, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Brian Dominy pointed out that the “lose your bonus” bug occurs because the bonus is awarded as part of the end-of-ball display effect. If the display effect is interrupted, the bonus is not awarded.

This means you can stop someone else from earning their Bats bonus by inserting a coin while the ball drains…

8. Chris
    September 28, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Another great guide Bowen, thanks so much.

Do you do requests as I got a Whirlwind recently and it’s kicking my ass. Would be great if you could do a video on it.

9. September 29, 2011 at 10:04 am

Awesome tutorial and stellar commentary. Everytime you do a tutorial, I want to buy the machines! Keep them coming and thanks.

10. October 4, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Oh, so THAT’s how you get 4 Billion on BSD.

Another awesome tutorial! That Dracula was pretty friendly, though. Not once did you get the old “halfway up the left ramp, STDM” drain. Also, surprisingly, no drains were caused by the bumpers.

That FEAR of the left ramp and bumpers is supposed to be part of the game… where was the FEAR? ^_^

There must have been rats hiding in the coffin lock…

11. October 4, 2011 at 5:34 pm

*STDM? Wow… what could THAT possibly mean?

Start That Darn Multiball?
    Shoot That Darn Moose?

Proofreading… HA!

12. tomdotcom
    October 4, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Mine will drain alot if you only make the left ramp part way. But when it’s coming back down I just nudge it and 95% of the time it will save it…

13. Koi
    October 8, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Excellent game, Bowen, especially with all those Coffin Lock rejections! Never knew about Fluffy Vampire until seeing this video. Thanks so much for doing this (and other game) tutorials. They are fun to watch (especially the ones more than one-half hr like this one) and quite informative. Never saw the 3rd video wave until now (perfecto on the video modes, by the way!) and never knew that the max skill shot value is 5M until now.

Koi

14. sme
    November 6, 2011 at 1:25 am

I want to be just like Bowen when I grow up. Mucho thanks for the lesson. I learned a lot. I guess there is no limit to science after all.