Happy Halloween

1. Womble
    November 1, 2011 at 5:54 am

Happy Halloween (if though it’s Australia here, and we don’t celebrate Halloween traditionally. Although… there were quite a number of youngsters out this year, thinking they could co-opt an American tradition in order to score some free lollies…)

Thanks for the videos! Great to see them back!

2. November 1, 2011 at 8:48 am

Thanks for this quick video! It was great to get a few quick tips on multiple games. I can’t wait to see some of the other videos you guys are working on. Keep up the great work!

3. Kevin
    November 1, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to post that I’ve watched a bunch of your tournament videos and tutorials and am really enjoying them. I kinda suck at pinball (parents have a couple machines at home that I get to practice on) but I really appreciate you guys taking the time to record and edit these. It’s a lot of fun to watch.

November 1, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Thanks Kevin. Any game you’d like to see done as a tutorial? We’ve got a pretty long list, but we’re going to try to get to all of them sooner or later.

4. November 3, 2011 at 2:44 am

Dude, it’s “Get Down, Get Funky”. Goofball.

The B-A-T lanes are accessible from the center lane, which is worth shooting when lit for significant points. B-A-T is also bonus multiplier and lights lock; it is often smart to deliberately miss the lanes if lock is already lit.

On Frankenstein, the first ball in Creature 2 Ball is held most of the time, and the countdown shot is in single-ball play. Mark made the first Creature 2 Ball shot quickly enough that the game decided not to hold the ball.

November 3, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Wow… Funky makes soooooo much more sense. I thought it was Donkey my entire life could not have been more confused.

See… this is why you need to move your family to Pittsburgh and do these all day.

6. Nico Lafavore
    November 4, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Is MHS Mark Salas?

November 4, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Nope. It’s a PAPA mystery.

7. El Deco
    November 8, 2011 at 4:19 am

I´d like to see some serious Valinor chasing on LOTR.

Other fun requests:
    Tales from the crypt
    Roadshow
    Spiderman
    Congo
    Attack From Mars

8. Caucasian2Step
    November 8, 2011 at 12:07 pm

ElDeco has some great requests. I know that a bunch of filming has been done and there are a number of titles with footage waiting to be edited. Could you be kind enough to let us know what is on the way?

Other requests would be:

An EM tuorial with specific EM skills for nudging, working with 2″ flippers, wider spaces between flippers with posts, zipper flippers and other ideas for older designs as they come to mind. I believe that there are a great deal of players who pass by many fantastic EM games because they don’t feel like newer games and that’s a shame… There are some fantastic older games out there and every newer game we play stands on the shoulders of EM games and their designers. I personally think of games like:
    Fireball
    Four Million BC
    El Dorado
    Surfer/Surf Champ
    Space Mission /Space Odyssey
    This list could go on for a looooooooooooong time… so I’m stopping now.

Newer games
    Wheel of Fortune (I still have no real idea how to play this deck)
    World Poker Tour
    Cirques Voltaire
    Scared Stiff
    Getaway
    Safecracker
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Medusa
    Centaur
    Creature from the Black Lagoon (The PAPA 13 Champioship game was most righteous!)
    Judge Dredd
    Eight Ball
    Skateball
    Black Knight
    Solar Fire
    Time Fantasy
    Alien Poker / Laser Cue
    and Spectrum!
    another list that keeps on getting longer…

There are a bunch of Gottleib/Data East/Sega games that I know just a bit about or don’t know too much about at all. I know that there is a bias towards newer Ball/Williams decks due to their play, but there has to be a few games in there that are great players (TX Sector anyone?).

Frankenstein (the full version, not just the multiball setup, or is that all there is to that game? 😉 )
    Last Action Hero
    Jurassic Park
    Rocky and Bullwinkle
    Batman Forever
    Starship Troopers
    Harley Davidson
    Guns and Roses
    We have seen some Tommy in Tourney play from this site, but no tutorial.
    Checkpoint would be great too.

This is all just wishful thinking and I know that some of these games are really straightforward, but even a short 3-5 minute tutorial is greatly appreciated with any of these tables.

I do have a rather obscure personal request for Gottleib “Hollywood Heat”. I think that game is way sweet!

I guess you could say that I want it all… but I’m greedy like that ;). What I really want to say is: I absolutely love everything that I have seen on this site. I am amazed and grateful for the tutorials and whatever you put up on this little patch of the web. When something new arrives there is something new posted, I watch it again and again and study hard from the masters. Thank you to everyone involved with this for your hard work and willingness to share your knowledge, skill and insights into the subtleties of the wonderful little thing we call pinball.

Be well.

KMR

9. Kevin
    November 9, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Hey MHS, thanks for taking input and taking the time to put more of these up. You guys have actually done a lot the one I have (ST:TNG) and a lot of the ones I’d like to see.

Others I’d like to see would be:
    Theatre of Magic
    Teriminator 2/3
    Pirates of the Carribean
    Lord of the Rings
    Big Buck Hunter
    Tron (Got to play this when I was in Vegas last month, did pretty bad on it lol)

Haven’t had the chance to play too many Stern machines so any tutorials on those would be appreciated.

It’s really cool to see the tournament videos and see different playing styles too.

Thanks again for taking the time to produce these.

-Kevin