Oh NO! Martians!

Bowen battles Mars in our Attack from Mars tutorial.

Pre-registration for Pinburgh, the world’s largest match-play pinball tournament is now open. Go sign up!

1. Womble
    November 12, 2011 at 12:42 am

Oooh ah. Been looking forward to this one!

Thank you.

2. Steve
    November 12, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Nice work, as always.

I think Bowen could have gone for the Annihilation jackpot after draining the second-to-last TA ball, because there’s a short grace period for these jackpots. (Right?) It wouldn’t have been an unnecessary risk, because it also would have opened the lock, which he needed for the eventual SJ. (Also right?)

I can only imagine how much harder doing live narrating makes keeping this stuff straight.

3. Kevin
    November 12, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Awesomeeeeeee. Speaking of “oh no!” I’d love to see your take on No Fear: Dangerous Sports. It’s ALL ramps & loops. There are no pop bumpers and only 3 targets on the whole board. I want to see what flows you come up with. Could be an interesting game to have a “timed” point contest on. How many points can you score in 60 seconds? Basically can you start to string it all together and score a 50-way-combo of some kind?

4. Rob Wintler-Cox
    November 13, 2011 at 12:10 am

Actually, please DON’T do No Fear. It’s all Kevin talks about as it is.

5. Rossz
    November 13, 2011 at 3:37 pm

From what I read (can’t remember where), winning strategy on No Fear is to time-out the first modes to get to Meet Your Maker and then loop the loop.

Not that interesting to see if that’s all there is to it, but whatever the machine I’m always happy to be able to see Bowen skills on video!

Come on, Cirqus Voltaire is next ? 😉

6. November 13, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Thanks Steve — you’re right that I could have shot for the Annihilation Jackpot right at the end, and if I hadn’t earned one previously, I definitely would have tried.

In that situation the shot is worth about 250 million, and I’d rather have the peace of aiming under less pressure, since making 4 lock shots and 1 Stroke of Luck shot (assuming multiball success) is worth something around 12 billion — 2 billion in the multiball then 10 billion more in Rule the Universe.

As you saw, I didn’t do much with the opportunity anyway, so maybe I should have taken the pot shot at 250 million instead. Sometimes narration takes away the pressure of play, sometimes it don’t…

Kevin — unfortunately No Fear makes a lousy video. Like you say it’s all ramps and loops and success in some parts of the game (especially Meet Your Maker) comes down to trapping balls on the left flipper and shooting loops from the right. B O R I N G!

7. Womble
    November 14, 2011 at 3:05 am

.. would LURV to see an Indy vid…

8. Kevin Ryan
    November 14, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Yes… Inidanapolis 500 please.

You make this look so F’n easy!

Be well.

November 15, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Womble,

You like your Indy… I like mine 😉

12. Andreas
    August 29, 2012 at 9:28 am

Great game!

If I counted correctly, Bowen says the word ‘saucer’ or ‘saucers’ 39 times in this video. 🙂