Pinball Archive Update

The following videos have been added recently to the Pinball Archive:

Andromeda Gameplay – Thanks to Cryss Stephens!
Batman Dark Knight at PAPA 14
Big Game at PAPA 14
Cactus Canyon Gameplay – Thanks to Jon Replogle!
F-14 Tomcat Gameplay – Thanks to Ron Hallett!
Genesis Gameplay
Home Run Gameplay
Ice Fever Gameplay
Lights Camera Action Gameplay
Magic Gameplay
Ready Aim Fire Gameplay – Thanks to Pete Hendricks!
Ripley’s Believe it or Not Tutorial
Road Show Gameplay – Thanks to Pete Hendricks!
Spiderman Gameplay – Thanks to Cryss Stephens!
Terminator 3 Gameplay – Thanks to Ron Hallett!

1. January 6, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Are you taking requests? 😉 Would love to see videos of the following:
    Black Knight
    Blackout
    Pharoah
    Barracora
    Embryon

Stellar job all – this is like some sort of awesome dream, all these videos!

2. Womble
    January 6, 2012 at 5:25 pm

I love you guys, long time.

3. soren
    January 7, 2012 at 5:38 am

For gameplay videos, I’d like to have recent Stern’s (World Poker Tour and up), as they are not available in Visual Pinball.

Would be a great reference for preparing for tournaments, where those games are usually featured.

4. January 18, 2012 at 1:00 pm

These videos are awesome, but with a commentary they are one step up. Many of them are new to me, and some vocal explanation would be essential. Am I asking too much? 🙂

5. Garrett
    January 18, 2012 at 2:37 pm

I think you should make tutorials for every game at PAPA and sell them either in groups or individually. Use electronic distribution so there’s no printing costs for physical media and price the videos low. Then just for fun release groups of them, maybe 25, on physical media for those who need to have a real copy. I think going over the individual shots and scoring before the game starts then explaining scoring and strategy during the game would take it over the top. Sort of a combination of TNT understanding pinball(with less cheese) and what Bowen is doing now with his tutorials. Then the money earned on electronic media and DVD sales could be used for more pins and to support PAPA 🙂

6. Garrett
    January 18, 2012 at 2:37 pm

OH and these videos are awesome!

7. Caucasian2Step
    January 18, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I love them all. Keep em’ coming! I’m with Nic in that I love the strategic commentaries or the blow by blow calls during tournament play where people spot out advantages/mistakes with different players approaching the game from different perspectives.

Would you have other top tier players who (if they have the time) could add their opinions to the play being shown?

I have to admit, I am surprised that Stern Spidey Stratgegic breakdown is not in the mix yet either… wait… that’s your next vid isn’t it? 😉

Much pinball love to all involved. Sending good vibes… Bzzzzzzzzz… Can you feel it?

8. January 18, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Spider-man was used in the PAPA 14 final rounds, so the coverage of those rounds will include some strategy pointers. There may still be a Spider-man tutorial in the works, but the tournament coverage is coming.

9. Garrett
    January 25, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Upload some more game play I’m dieing here lol!

January 25, 2012 at 5:42 pm

More coming real soon, including a unique Ripley’s tutorial this weekend.

10. KME
    January 25, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Unique as in poorly narrated compared to Bowen, haha

January 25, 2012 at 9:24 pm

No way! Unique as in not our normal format. Audio was solid.

I’m traveling tomorrow and will start uploading as soon as I’m back home. Keith’s RBION tutorial should be up… late Friday? Stay tuned!

Gameplay videos will resume this weekend, and there’s a couple of BDK games from PAPA 14 lined up waiting to get uploaded as well.

12. Garrett
    January 27, 2012 at 12:34 am

Awesome!

13. Dave Messerly
    January 30, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Love to see more 60s and 70s Gottlieb gameplay videos. thanks for everything so far.

14. Rob Wintler-Cox
    February 6, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I’ve got what I hope is a simple request: On the Pinball Archive Most Recent Update page, would it be possible to make the game names links to the videos? That way I could just go to the page and click the links directly from there, rather than going back and finding the updates in the full game list — which to your guyses credit is getting huge!

February 6, 2012 at 12:18 pm