PAPA 14 Quarterfinals on T2

Group 4 of the PAPA 14 Quarterfinals completes their three game set on Terminator 2. All four players still have hope to advance heading into the final game.

1. March 20, 2012 at 1:17 pm

7 months later, and the sting of forgetting there wasn’t a center post is almost gone…

Thanks Cayle and Adam, some really great commentary and solid play by Jim and Andrei for a well-deserved pass into the next round!

2. Todd Williams
    March 20, 2012 at 1:47 pm

That one was definitely tough Bowen. I didn’t get a chance to watch this match when it happened but it was definitely so First rate pinball from all players. Love the coverage guys. Nice job on the commentary. Keep it up.

3. Paul F. J.
    March 20, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Yeah, I’ll second Bowen on that. Great video’s, great commentary and Jim & Andrei deserved very much to go into the next round!

Cheers,
    Paul (who greatly prefers over/unders to cradle separations)

4. March 21, 2012 at 1:38 am

Loved Bowen’s clinical play on ball 1.

Andrei’s play is just amazing. I was playing with him on Friday for a few hours and it still baffles me in a way, especially when he gets multiball. It’s like “when I do that, I lose”, but not him. From what I’ve seen, he’s the best “on-the-fly” player in the world.

What’s also awesome is Neil Shatz’ play style is the polar opposite: ultra controlled and calculated, tons of flipper finesse. Both are top players, but it’s nice to see that both styles can go all the way to the top level of competition.

And the best part is they both live in the bay area!

5. LDK
    March 21, 2012 at 6:16 am

Would be interesting to put Andrei up against Franck Bona… (who rarely holds a ball for more than a split second and still performs well in big european competitions)

6. Roy Wils
    March 21, 2012 at 8:04 am

im more the combination of both play styles..

i prefer to adjust myself on an particular game,. in terms of how to play the game.. on whitewater for example im more of a controlled type of player,. and as you see on my tron papa 14 footage.. im more the opposite of that.. i do can play both styles very well, just like a good soccer player,. you got to have 2 trained strong legs instead of 1 🙂 IMO

7. Rossz
    March 23, 2012 at 5:34 am

Franck Bona is planning to come in the US for the IFPA World Championship this year, so maybe there will be a Franck / Andrei match 🙂