Pinburgh at 246 Players!

Pinburgh has reached 246 players and is still growing!

1. Todd Williams
    March 1, 2012 at 4:20 pm

So how big do you guys think this might get? How many people registered at the last minute last March? Think it could get to 270?

2. Todd Williams
    March 27, 2012 at 9:39 am

I am simply amazed at the number of newbies (no offense) who will be attending Pinburgh. Considering these people have never played in a PAPA event, that’s really saying something…just eyeballing it but it looks like about 1/4 or so of the field at this point. I think that is great

March 27, 2012 at 11:32 am

Several people have also contacted us wondering where they could purchase tickets to watch the event! Competitive pinball is heading in a positive direction.

4. Todd Williams
    March 27, 2012 at 1:39 pm

That’s very cool MHS…bet those people are pleasantly surprised to find that watching is free (and they can play some pinball themselves as well).

5. Chris
    March 27, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I want the spectator package with the headphones, so I can walk around and listen to LIVE BOWEN PLAY BY PLAY!:) OK, Cayle and Adam can fill in when they’re not playing.

6. Roy Wils
    March 27, 2012 at 1:53 pm

pinball in general is definently going in an upward spiral..

that is because on many things,. 1 of them are offcourse of the papa videos some with great commentary being narrated by some of the greatest players in pinball

bowen/keith/cayle/adam

great stuff!!

plus the pinball arcade are bringing great pinball to smartphones/tablets..

and also the fantasy pinball party named ZEN pinball doing there best within the pinball genre.. making pinball in general going skyhigh!!

what can i say more

pinball is back baby 🙂

7. March 27, 2012 at 4:49 pm

An interesting idea by Chris.

I wonder what the next level would be… I’d imaging having some way to switch video feeds among various overhead cameras during an event. The feed being controlled by “the commentators” in some central area, and then the video being live-streamed over the Internet.

Imagine something like this:

Commentator 1: <> “It looks like Lyman Sheats has really got that left orbit shot dialed in on ‘Theatre of Magic’. He’s up to about 40 Theatre letters on this ball alone.”

Commentator 2: “Well done by Lyman so far. His 8X multiplier is really going to pay off at bonus time! <> Let’s shoot on over to ‘Jack*bot’ where Keith Elwin has just started a Casino Run, pinball’s version of ‘The Joker’s Wild’ game show …”

8. March 27, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Oops, it should have said :

(Commentators looking at Theatre of Magic)

and

(Commentator 2 switches over to camera 7)

between those empty brackets, but the blog’s comment system deleted the text. 🙂

9. Todd Williams
    March 27, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Cayle George…who is conspicuously missing from this list. Hopefully he will be a late registrant, if not he will certainly be missed.

March 27, 2012 at 5:52 pm

I believe Cayle has some scheduling conflicts out of his control keeping him from attending this Pinburgh. I’m sure we’ll see him again in the future. He’s a great player and has done quite well at PAPA.

11. Chris
    March 27, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Interesting that I’m seeded ahead of players like Bob Matthews, Derek Fugate, Rob Wintler-Cox, Adam Lefkoff, Ed Zeltmann, etc. etc. Am I better than I thought I was or is the initial seeding order a little strange?

FYI, I finally qualified in PAPA14 B Div after 3 years of trying. I was knocked out quickly in the 1/4 finals.:(

12. Todd Williams
    March 27, 2012 at 9:32 pm

That’s a bit of a bummer…Always like to see the best turn out for these things…I’m sure he’s bummed too.

13. Rob Wintler-Cox
    March 27, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Chris seeded better than me? The deuce you say!

I think everyone below a certain point (my guess is where the A/Bs start) is seeded by the order in which they signed up. I know I signed up just a few days after registration opened, and Chris, you probably got in ahead of me.