Creature from the Black Lagoon Tutorial

Shocking!!! AMAZING!!!

Released in theaters this Memorial Day! Bowen battles the aquatic monster we’ve all grown to love!

1. Winball Pizard
    May 27, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Looking forward to another excellent Bowen tutorial! I’m sure I’ll play this game a lot more after watching too.

2. pinbalfan
    May 27, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Good, keep em coming!

3. XTN
    May 27, 2012 at 11:40 pm

thank you!

4. soren
    May 28, 2012 at 3:09 am

Maybe you guys wanna do commentary to the PAPA 13 final game on this marvelous pinball machine.

5. anton
    May 28, 2012 at 8:51 am

What isn the name of the song played during the match animation?

6. BRANDY
    May 28, 2012 at 10:27 am

Really great tutorial! Turned out to be such an amazing game!
    Bowen, what do you mean buy the thousands you spent on this machine? Do you mean buying it, or fixing it or just dropping dollar coins in the slot? 🙂

May 28, 2012 at 11:54 am

He says it “cost him” not he “spent”, so I’m inclined to think he was referring to not winning the PAPA 13 title and he missed out on prize money. Or maybe he just says the word “many” twice. Can’t really tell. I know he wasn’t referring to buying or fixing it. As for dropping thousands in the coin slot… yeah, we’ve all felt that pain.

7. bowen
    May 28, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Mark’s right. Not playing well enough on this game at PAPA 13 cost me $8,000 in prize money! It’s definitely something not worth thinking about while playing in a tournament, because it just leads to more screwing up 🙂

8. kme
    May 29, 2012 at 2:37 pm

At least it kept you in your tax bracket! You guys using anti-glare glass for your filming?

9. bowen
    May 29, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Yes, it’s optical glass, you can tell by all the thumbprints in the lower right corner!

10. Joe
    June 8, 2012 at 1:05 am

Hey Bowen, I noticed that during multiball you seemed to be trying to lane-change to complete the PAID lanes. Any thoughts on the strategy of only finishing three of the lanes and then intentionally not doing the 4th, which (at least on my game) leaves them that way when multiball ends, making it easier to complete PAID toward the next multiball?

11. bowen
    June 8, 2012 at 1:09 am

I will do that, but generally not at the beginning of a multiball, since it is likely that some more lanes will be completed before the end of the multiball. The multiplier is still valuable.

It’s clearly a good idea to do what you said, so I may have just been being stupid!

12. STY
    July 26, 2012 at 2:42 am

My game (rev L-4) was on factory settings and shots to the snack bar were not lighting a snack target. I went and changed the settings so snack bar shots now award a snack target. I wouldn’t have known to change that without seeing this video.

How is it set for tournaments? Award a snack target or not?

I watched this so many times. Thanks.

13. Anton
    September 30, 2012 at 9:19 am

What is the name of the song played after match?