Pinburgh Round 10 – Skateball

We continue our Pinburgh Coverage on Skateball!

1. JeffK
    August 16, 2012 at 8:47 am

Great vid. Here’s a full run down of the rule set-

2. noah
    August 16, 2012 at 11:21 am

Multipliers hold ball to ball???? Great to see this era of game w/ commentary.

3. Adam
    August 16, 2012 at 1:41 pm

@Noah yep, the Skateball at Pinburgh had the hold multiplier between balls set to true which, if known, would absolutely change your strategy on balls 1 & 2!! I’ve never seen one set up that way before, so it would never occur to me to even notice… Does anyone remember if it was set this way in Classics I at PAPA last week ??

4. EAH
    August 16, 2012 at 4:14 pm

That was actually the first time I ever played that game.

I had no idea of the rules until Adam explained the strategy to Todd after ball 1 which helped out quite a bit. Thanks Adam!

I need to find one on route somewhere.

5. August 16, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Indeed it was, Adam. I believe the rule is that if the multiplier is maxed out at 5x, it does not carry over, but if it’s any lower than 5x, it carries. At least, I carried a 3x multiplier and so did one of the players in this game.

A rules clarification: to light the 100k on the center Bank Of Death, you must complete the two white 10k lights that are arrows on either side. The 100k will light when both arrows come on — both arrows point at the 100k light! It’s still not worth going for, because the right hole can be made worth 100k too, but it adds a wrinkle and can be used as a skills challenge.

6. noah
    August 16, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Pretty sure it’ll hold 5x ball to ball if set to “liberal” Sterns usually had the step back at max multiplier rule. With that in mind, if multipliers hold – go 5x on ball 1! Worthy of note – if the ball rolls over a lit lane it’ll award 2 advances – so if you have 5x but bonus isn’t maxed, be sure to rollover the lit lanes.

7. Rob Wintler-Cox
    August 17, 2012 at 12:13 am

Erik, we have one at John’s Place if you’re ever near Fairfax, VA.

8. ZEN
    August 17, 2012 at 12:59 pm

What is your highest Skateball score ever Adam and Noah?

9. O_R_D
    August 18, 2012 at 6:46 am

It’s great to see a mixture of newer and old school games at tournaments.

10. noah
    August 21, 2012 at 11:52 am

I’m kind of embarrassed to say only 5.5M. I’ve had more 4.5M ball ones than I can count but then it crushes me. Oddly enough my highest score on Froniter is 5.5 as well. Mahaffey rolled his – not sure what he rolled it back around to.