Expo Update

Qualifying Standings
Open Division
Classics Division
Women’s Division

UPDATE:
Frequent PAPA Volunteer and former World Champion Bowen Kerins won the Pinball Expo tournament against Zach Sharpe, who was the Circuit Point leader coming into the event. Both players were moving the ball well all weekend, having qualified fourth and sixth respectively. The finals on Sunday stretched from 8am until 7pm and saw some incredible action, including a 440m point game of ACDC and a 50m game of Xmen back to back by current PAPA World Champion Keith Elwin against Joshua Henderson. Keith also won the Classics tournament at Expo against Pittsburgh-local Fred Cochran.

The Circuit Standings have been updated. Keith Elwin has taken over first place with 343 points in only five events. Zach Sharpe is still within striking distance with 323 points through six events, though only scores in any player’s best five events count toward the total. Trent Augenstein, director of the Pinball Expo Tournament, is nearly 100 points back with 224, and Cayle George and Joshua Henderson round out the top five.

The top 20 players at the end of the Circuit season, as well as anyone else who has won an event but is not in the top 20, will be invited to the Circuit Final at PAPA Headquarters the day before Pinburgh 2013. There will be several local tournaments that week, so players are encouraged to arrive early and be ready to compete often. Details will be announced soon.

1. O_R_D
    October 20, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Are matches being recorded PAPA style?
    I love the lineup of games for the open division, and a quick glance at the top scores gives you pretty much a who’s who in the pinball world.

2. Winball Pizard
    October 21, 2012 at 8:19 pm

I hope so!

3. LHA
    October 22, 2012 at 9:37 am

Huh? Do we really need a ‘Women’s Divivion’?
    Last time I checked my calendar it was 2012. Really sad that the pinball world still think it’s the 19th century.

//Middle Class Caucasian Male Division Attendee

4. O_R_D
    October 22, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Last time I checked my calendar it was 2012, female inferiority is a well known bunch of horse crap, and comments like yours make no sense.

5. LHA
    October 23, 2012 at 3:52 am

@O_R_D: That’s exactly what I meant. Men and women should all be playing in the same group. Pinball isn’t weight lifting.

6. Jorgen Holm
    October 23, 2012 at 5:47 pm

O_R_D: I don’t get the message. And the comment made no sense. LHA was just pointing out that they should compete in the same class as there is no difference between genders,at least within the pinball community.

7. poopdotcom
    October 24, 2012 at 2:07 pm

So, who won? Isn’t this just the qualifier rankings? What happened in the tournament?

8. O_R_D
    October 24, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Congratulations to Bowen.
    He definitely deserves the win, not only for the quality of his play, but for all the support he gives to the community through tutorials and insightful commentary.

9. Garrett Hays
    October 24, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Congrats Bowen!

10. Cayle in china
    October 25, 2012 at 5:03 am

Grats Bowen.

Glad zach laid down in the finals because you do so much for the pinball community. 😀

11. October 25, 2012 at 9:42 am

YOU KNOW IT

12. Todd Williams
    October 26, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Congrats Bowen, and seriously…this last year or two has seen a drastic rise in the skill level across the board for the PPL. Whereas, when I started there were only maybe 4 or 5 solid players…PPL has at least 15 or so now. And even the level of competition in the lower divisions continues to improve as well. Much can be attributed to playing competitively more, but I also firmly believe that the tutorial videos that you and PAPA have been putting out as a driving factor.

I can certainly say that they have helped me improve (I hold my own with the local A’s now) and continue to fuel my interest.

Huge Thank You!

13. Todd Williams
    October 26, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Cayle and Adams insightful commentary on tournament matches has been a tremendous help as well!