Spiderman Tutorial

Year: 2007
Manufacturer: Stern Pinball Inc.
Designer: Steve Ritchie
Software: Lyman Sheats Jr.
Music: David Thiel
Art: Kevin O’Connor, Mark Galvez, Margaret Hudson, Marc Shoenberg

1. BC_Gambit
    October 3, 2012 at 11:25 pm

I haven’t watched this yet, but over 1 hour!

That is awesome, tragic and epic at the same time!

Thank you in advance for posting this, and for all the other awesome videos you guys do!

2. Womble
    October 4, 2012 at 12:39 am

Any word on whether we’ll be able to see these in Vimeo again?

3. O_R_D
    October 4, 2012 at 1:27 am

You know today is gonna be awesome when you wake up to an hour long tutorial of your favorite pinball machine by Bowen. 🙂

4. ZEN
    October 4, 2012 at 1:27 am

“Uh oh, you’re done!”

5. JPW
    October 4, 2012 at 1:54 am

My Battle Royal factory high score survived all three games, Woo Hoo!

October 4, 2012 at 2:13 am

Highly unlikely we’ll ever post on vimeo again. They really screwed their resolution options up pretty badly.

Still working on an internal solution, but it will be youtube for the foreseeable future.

7. O_R_D
    October 4, 2012 at 2:20 am

To be perfectly honest, I’d rather you guys stick with Youtube. The videos look very crispy on the higher resolutions, so what if you have to watch them full screen? I usually download the PAPA vids into an MP4 file, and I have noticed a good deal of improvement in the quality of the vids since Vimeo went down.
    Plus we can say goodbye to video upload caps.

October 4, 2012 at 2:23 am

Thanks for the feedback. It always did bother me that vimeo downgraded the quality of the videos. The 1080p from youtube is basically what I see on my computer, and that was never the case with vimeo. Ultimately it got so bad as to cause the allowing of downloads and leaving of their service.

9. O_R_D
    October 4, 2012 at 2:46 am

Is there any chance you could turn the audio of the games down a bit when filming? I’m not sure if it’s that or the mic quality, but it’s hard to hear Bowen at times.

10. Kevin Ryan
    October 4, 2012 at 10:22 am

11. October 4, 2012 at 10:58 am

I admire your perseverance, Bowen! While I always enjoy watching the tournament videos, these tutorial videos are my favorite because they really help me understand a game better. It’s great to see the deep rules of a game, and especially awesome in this case to see you beat it outright! Well done, sir!

12. Garrett Hays
    October 4, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I have a wide aspect monitor that can be rotated to the vertical position and the Vimeo videos look awesome, I’ll miss that. I wont miss messing around with my display settings, rotating the monitor and knocking half the stuff off my desk in the process.

13. O_R_D
    October 4, 2012 at 4:09 pm

If you accept suggestions, there are several games I would love to see Bowen play in the form of tutorials:

CSI
    Demolition Man
    Indiana Jones
    Judge Dredd
    Last Action Hero
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Revenge from Mars
    The Lord of the Rings
    The Sopranos
    X-Men

14. ZEN
    October 5, 2012 at 3:04 pm

“Regather, reconsecrate and then miss the shot.” Classic Bowen commentary.

15. LDK
    October 5, 2012 at 7:26 pm

MHS: So, i followed the “debate” you had with Vimeo and i must say the link that supposedly looked bad looked like usual for me on the ipad i use. But these youtube vids look horrible in comparison. Of course, i watch em anyway because the content is awesome (as usual)… Just wondering if it is just me who experience this?

Btw, i’m buying a Spiderman machine any minute now! 🙂

October 5, 2012 at 8:02 pm

We never posted any of the videos on vimeo with the poor image quality. The videos you saw were reduced from their normal level but not nearly as badly as they would be were I to upload one now. Trust me when I say they were unwatchable.

With regard to youtube, what problems are you having? Since youtube allows you to watch the video at its full resolution (something vimeo never allowed), I would expect the experience to be better. Is it an orientation thing with the ipad or something else?

Feedback is good, so thanks!

October 5, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Incidentally, you do know you can increase the quality of the youtube video by clicking in the lower right of the video, correct?

18. LDK
    October 6, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Ok. When it comes to youtube on ipad it works to change res if i’m in the mobile version of youtube web. Not possible in the old youtube app (that supposedly is no longer supported by apple).