DMD Extender

1. Kid Inertia
    December 12, 2012 at 2:44 pm

I know what I want for Christmas!

Too bad this guy didn’t make it to “Showtime!”

2. Critic
    December 15, 2012 at 3:08 am

Why? What is this good for?

3. O_R_D
    December 15, 2012 at 3:55 am

I see it being useful to capture direct feed of the DMD (for video edition and tournament purposes).

4. Bob
    December 17, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I think it would be better if mounted above the backbox.

Otherwise, a cool application of the raspberrypi!

5. STY
    December 18, 2012 at 1:23 pm

I like this idea. Lots of people mod their games just to mod them. I’d rather have a larger interactive display than the static translite art anyway.

In my case, I don’t have room next to my games for a monitor. I also have only around 7″ of space over the backbox, so I couldn’t put this above my game.

If you were looking to sell these, I think this would work best if it came with some sort of mounting kit so that I could remove my translite, the light board behind it, and place the monitor in the backbox.

Program it to display the translite art while in attract mode.
    Not sure I’d want the original DMD showing the same exact thing as the extender while game is in progress.

Does this work with the color DMD? I have the color DMD in my Addams. Would be super cool to be able to enlarge it with the extender.

Good stuff

6. Dr Pinball
    December 20, 2012 at 5:45 am

Hi

I’m David the guy developing the DMD Extender. Thanks for the comments so far.

Thought I’d mention that for the Addams it’s difficult to mount the monitor on top due to the topper, but I have shown the Extender working with an HS2 machine – see the show report for Replay Expo / Northern Lights in Manchester UK…

I’m hoping to have the software and hardware complete for Jan 2013.

Best wishes and thanks again.