As mentioned previously, we’ve got just a few (hundred) people coming out for Pinburgh 2013, and that makes parking a crunch on Friday. Other local businesses are in operation. Some of the spaces people think of as “PAPA parking” are used by these other businesses during regular hours, and off limits to players.
PAPA HQ has 25 dedicated parking spaces that will be assigned to Pinburgh 2013 car pools of at least four tournament players. To register for a parking space, send an email to bowen at papa dot org no earlier than 3:00 pm ET on Friday, March 1. The email must include the names of no less than four Pinburgh players who will be part of the car pool. Emails will be considered in the order they are received until all 25 parking spaces are assigned.
Some important notes:
- This is not the only parking available, but it is the only guaranteed parking at PAPA HQ. We strongly encourage players to use the shuttle that will run to the Courtyard, Hyatt, and Extended Stay hotels. Other parking spaces may be available on-street or in the area of PAPA HQ, but only these 25 spaces are guaranteed to be available, and there will be several areas specifically marked “no parking”.
- Non-tournament players do not count toward the car pool requirement. A parking space will not be assigned unless the email includes the names of at least four tournament players. We will check, so don’t make things up!
- There is no priority to car pools that include more than four tournament players, although we will be most grateful.
- If a player’s name appears in multiple emails, a parking space will not be assigned to that group. Please coordinate and do not send duplicate emails or emails from multiple members of the same car pool.
- Emails sent before 3:00 pm Friday, March 1 will not be considered for parking spaces. All emails at or after 3:00 pm will be considered in the order received.
- Parking spaces are reserved until 9:30 am Friday, April 12. If a player does not claim their spot by 9:30, it will be given away.
- All players are responsible for checking in for Pinburgh 2013 by 10:45 am Friday, April 12. We encourage players to visit PAPA HQ on Thursday, April 11 to see the Circuit Final, play Pingolf, and avoid any registration lines on Friday morning.
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions about this, either here on the blog or via email. We understand this is not the ideal situation for parking, and hope you will remain patient with us as we try to make Pinburgh 2013 a great experience for everyone. Thank you!