Zach Sharpe wins the Rose City Showdown!

Congratulations to Zach Sharpe, whose outstanding play in Portland, Oregon led to his second Circuit Event victory.  Zach took down a very challenging field including Keith Elwin, Cayle George,  Steven Bowden, Adam Lefkoff, Jim Belsito, Robert Gagno, Jason Werdrick, Dave Stewart, Tim Tournay, and more.

In the final four, Zach took second on Corvette to Aaron Nelson, then romped Tron.  Zach then closed it out with a second on Taxi.  There was a second-place tie between Aaron Nelson and Bowen Kerins, and Karl DeAngelo finished a strong fourth after great play in the quarters and semis.

Zach takes the lead in the PAPA North American Circuit with one event to play at the Louisville Arcade Expo next month.  Only Keith Elwin can catch him.

Dave Stewart pushed into the top twenty with a qualifying performance, while other players cemented better seeds for the Circuit Final.  On the other side of the bubble, Steven Zahler moved up to 23rd and Sanjay Shah to 26th, and either could qualify with a strong performance in Louisville.

Big, big thanks to the crew at Rose City Pinball for putting on their fifth annual Showdown, with almost $10,000 in total cash prizes awarded to players.  It takes a lot of effort to put on a pinball event, and Portland does it right.

1. O_R_D
    February 25, 2013 at 6:21 pm

Please tell me we can expect some high-octane pinball vids in the upcoming weeks…

2. Marc
    February 25, 2013 at 8:26 pm

I second that. Would love to see some videos of the action.

3. MCC
    February 25, 2013 at 11:26 pm

@O_R_D – if you’re going through withdrawal, these five videos never got posted to the blog or pinball.org/video. Don’t watch them all at once!

4. Todd Williams
    February 26, 2013 at 8:31 am

And with that win by Zach, the top person on the Pinburgh waiting list just became very happy!

5. Sanjay
    February 26, 2013 at 1:27 pm

I believe the finals were recorded by the organizers. I’m sure they’ll have a link on their site when the videos are available (www.rosecitypinball.com).

6. Roy Wils
    February 26, 2013 at 3:15 pm

cant wait to check that out, bowen told me Zach was incredible good playing those pins last weekend.. and overcome all the players up there.. 🙂 makes me very curious about his performance up there..

Well Done Zach, i see u at MPE/Pinburgh 🙂

7. February 27, 2013 at 12:52 am

Thanks all for coming out and making this the best pinball event in Portland history. I saw some fantastic pinball this weekend, Great playing all weekend Zach nice win! I would also like to thank my crew for all their hard work, great job guys this wouldn’t happen without the group effort. Thanks to the PAPA crew for letting us be a part of this season super cool stuff stoked to be involved.