The 2013 Circuit will have 12 tournaments, one per month, throughout the calendar.
The 2013 PAPA Circuit Final will be held March 27, 2014, and Pinburgh 2014 will be held March 28-30, 2014.
The first nine events on the 2013 PAPA North American Circuit are:
- Pinburgh 2013, at PAPA HQ in Scott Township, PA, April 12-14, 2013. Fun, friends, and $60,000 in cash prizes.
- The Lyons Spring Classic, at Lyons Classic Pinball in Lyons, CO, May 10-12, 2013. Lyons Classic Pinball is a family-owned business presenting Colorado’s largest public collection of well-maintained pinball games. Format to be announced, but expect match play on games running from the early 60s to today. This should be a great event, so get ready!
- The Northwest Pinball Championships, in Marysville, WA (near Seattle), June 21-23, 2013. The largest pinball tournament in the Pacific Northwest features open and classic divisions, and big bricks of cash for the champions.
- California Extreme, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, July 13-14, 2013. This tournament is run in conjunction with a larger arcade show. The pinball tournament features multiple divisions for varying skill levels and a classics division.
- PAPA 16, at PAPA HQ in Scott Township, PA, August 8-11, 2013. This tournament features four solid days of brutal pinball battles and the largest top prize in all of pinball, $10,000 cash to the World Pinball Champion.
- The Cascadia Cup, at C-Bar in Portland, OR, September 21, 2013. The Cascadia Cup is a match-play format where all players are guaranteed a set number of rounds before an elimination final. C-Bar is an all-ages venue, and Portland’s Rose City Pinball crew will be setting up single-day events on Friday and Sunday to complete the weekend.
- Pinball Expo, at the Westin Hotel in Wheeling, IL (near Chicago), October 16-20, 2013. The Expo is one of the longest running pinball events in the world, and one of the most prestigious tournaments, with large cash prizes and pinball machines frequently offered to the winners.
- The Southern Pinball Festival, in Orlando, FL, November 22-24, 2013. SPF coincides with the IAPPA trade show, and a great time of year to visit Florida. The growing show features machines of all styles and eras on free play with event entry.
- The Pinballz Arcade Tournament, in Austin, TX, December 6-8, 2013. Pinballz is one of the greatest public arcades in the world, with 13,000 square feet of arcade experience, and an absolutely ridiculous lineup of pins to play (seriously, click through and take a look). The match-play format will give all players an equal chance of winning the title for one fee.
More details on each tournament will be available soon, and we will post the last three events in the Circuit schedule soon. The 2013 Circuit will have one tournament per month for 12 months, and players’ six best results are eligible for Circuit points.
Let us know what questions you have, and thanks!