PAPA’s PAX East Seminar on Pinball

On March 24th, Bowen and Mark from PAPA gave a seminar on competitive pinball at PAX East, one of the largest gaming conferences in the world. The overall conference regularly attracts tens of thousands of gamers and includes booths or speeches from nearly everyone in the gaming industry, and hundreds of attendees came out for this talk about pinball.

There was no professional video footage of the seminar, but we put together the following clips for your enjoyment.

1. O_R_D
    March 28, 2013 at 3:39 am

You can’t ask for better pinball ambassadors.

2. Joe L
    March 28, 2013 at 12:34 pm

I will second that, amazing job guys, wish I could have been there…next year.

3. Roy Wils
    March 28, 2013 at 12:56 pm

i loved the footage.. i had to laugh when the girl shouted dont loom when mark was looming 😛 she must have seen the things to know for pinburgh footage too 😀 hahaha

cant wait to see u guys up there in pittsburgh

1. bowen
      March 28, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Yes, I believe she had indeed seen that footage.

4. March 28, 2013 at 2:07 pm

What a GREAT panel! I’ve been to many PAX panels, and that was well done indeed. There’s no way you didn’t make someone walk out of there in love with the hobby, and the idea of playing real pinball with skill.

5. Roger
    March 28, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Next time bring a tape recorder and turn it into a makeshift podcast.

1. bowen
      March 28, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Pod what now? A tape recorder would not have been much help with the audio balance in the room between two speakers and a loud machine. We’ll do better next time.

6. Womble
    March 28, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Great stuff, guys.

7. jsd
    March 29, 2013 at 10:32 am

Great video. I can’t wait for CAX this year!

8. Matt
    March 29, 2013 at 3:38 pm

I have a question regarding what cameras and rig are used for the overhead footage. I’d like to see about implementing such a thing in our league and was wondering what cameras and rigging is used for this. Thanks for the great video!

9. March 29, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Well done, Bowen and Mark! That style of benevolent antagonism between you two worked well. Amazing that you got that certain special video mode during the seminar.

By the way, I especially liked the advice at 17:18 to help out new players.

Check this out:

I swear I had this in my queue for the dictionary to come up very soon. I guess it’s time to move that post date up. 🙂

10. Koi Morris
    April 4, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Great job on the seminar, Mark and Bowen! Too bad I couldn’t see both of you in person there. I’ll see both of you at Pinburgh.