PAPA Circuit Final: LIVE April 11, 9:30 am ET

PAPA and Geek Gamer TV are teaming up to offer live, streaming coverage of the first-ever PAPA Circuit Final, today beginning at 9:30 am.

Watch some of the best players in the world battle it out for the awesome, brand-new PAPA Circuit Belt, for $100 per game, for $10,000 in total prize money.  Players will compete on Whirlwind, Iron Man, Ali, Monster Bash, Demolition Man, Jungle Queen, and Frontier.

Live coverage can be found on Geek Gamer TV, and updated results can be found on papa.org.  You really won’t want to miss this one.

Screen shot 2013-04-11 at 8.39.12 AM

1. O_R_D
    April 11, 2013 at 9:33 am

So far the setup looks really clean and professional.
    The only minor complain I see is the weird blue filter look on the cameras pointing at the playfield.

2. Womble
    April 11, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Excellent. Great job guys.

Will we be able to watch/replay/download the video afterwards?

3. O_R_D
    April 11, 2013 at 5:52 pm

Ustream let’s you watch previous broadcasts on the previous videos sections. I believe you can also download from Ustream using clients like Jdownloader.
    From what I’ve seen, Geek Gamer usually uploads their shows to Youtube as well, although I’d love for these matches to be released individually in the usual PAPA format.

4. Smack
    April 12, 2013 at 12:25 am

GeekGamerTV had these archived but they just took them off their video list. I dug up these URL’s from suggested videos at the end of what I was watching.

Round 2 – mid 15

end 15 – Marathon mid 1

Marathon mid 1 – 7 + Awards

Dunno if these are gonna be taken down permanently or not so enjoy while it lasts.

5. Dave Stewart
    April 12, 2013 at 12:28 am

I watched part of this live when I took a break back at my hotel room. This is a HUGE leap forward in the broadcasting of pinball; you guys all did a great job.

I encountered one recurring technical difficulty, I don’t know if it’s just my laptop or if others had same problem. Every time the stream got interrupted for an advertisement, the commercial would play for a few seconds, then the player would halt and the player would crash. I would have to kill my browser and restart it. And is it possible for the people doing the streaming to put a marker as to when would be a good time for the advertisement, rather than just randomly in the middle of the most oustanding ball?

6. Marc
    April 12, 2013 at 1:16 am

Fantastic job guys. I watched from 11:30pm until I collapsed at 4am Sydney Australia time. Got up at 8am and kept watching. What a tournament… And what an amazing effort by Daniele. I get the feeling this victory will go down in history as one of the best efforts ever in pinball.

7. Nic
    April 12, 2013 at 4:02 am

Fatanstic guys!!! Up till 4 in the morning in Italy to watch our alien Daniele. Great job to all of you … Bowen … Eden … this is pinball at his best!!!

8. Craig
    April 12, 2013 at 4:16 am

Just wanted to add my congratulations to Chase, Bowen, Mark, Greg, Eden and everyone else involved in pulling this quite outstanding feat off. It is such a huge advancement in terms of how pinball can be viewed and for perhaps the first time the general public can see that pinball is actually a sport. And what a tournament to showcase it on! I am from the UK and watched every single ball plunged, from start to finish, it is addictive, compulsive viewing. Like Eden said on a number of occasions, every single match had something in it, some sort of Drama, it was incredible.

And to have the impossible becoming possible, the journey of Daniele from start to finish, the mental strength and clutch play, well it was only fitting for it to end in the way that it did. Pure Drama, that you could not have written.

I’m just glad that I got to experience it all, all of the hard work by the team to make this happen was worth it, well done

9. Mario
    April 12, 2013 at 5:59 am

Fantastic job! …and great play from everyone!

Forget Superbowl parties – pinball parties rock 🙂
    Greetings from Austria!

10. LDK
    April 12, 2013 at 6:33 am

Yes! This was a terrific format, both broadcast and tournament wise. Great job everyone!

And great job Daniele! Epic.

11. jws
    April 12, 2013 at 11:02 am

Absolutely epic effort. I tuned in at the end of endurance round 3 and had the great pleasure of watching almost the entire tournament. The PAPA crew was top notch as always. Awesome work by Chase and crew for really using the whole screen and delivering as much information as possible. quick camera changes between games was impressive and Eden on the mobile mic was great and very entertaining. The quality of the feed was great, and at one point it starting to hang up a bit, and Chase suggested changing the feed provider-one click and back to high quality feed. On top of these great presentation achievements there was incredible pinball all day-the amazing potential of this tournament format was realized as Daniele the juggernaut just kept plowing his way through the brilliant competition. So many great games along the way and such a close finish!
    Thank you for the best day of pinball i could possibly have had without actually playing.

12. Caribou
    April 12, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Holy Crap Daniele can play! A few unbelievable games and insanely consistant!

13. O_R_D
    April 19, 2013 at 1:22 pm

The archives for the circuit final are completely gone.
    Hopefully the standard PAPA format in youtube will get uploaded sometime soon.

14. Smack
    April 19, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Yup looks like the archive has a 1 week shelf life 🙁 Better catch the archived Finals action before Sunday but this is just an assumption.

In my spree of posting links I did not take the time to thank everyone involved in the production of these live streams. In particular the Circuit Finals coverage was excellent given you could follow each and every round with fairly up to date stats. That and the story arc of watching Daniele play from the beginning all the way through to the end was more than impressive.

I very much look forward to future live streams of PAPA events and I am interested in hearing more about this Kickstarter campaign to make this happen.

Now if I could only quench my appetite for playing real a pinball cabinet but it is a veritable desert in southern Vancouver Island. Anyone got any leads other than Pirates of the Caribbean at the Capital 6?

15. andreas
    May 6, 2013 at 3:05 am

Will the circuit final videos be made available again? I noticed that round 2 of the Endurance Phase had been uploaded. Are there plans to upload all of the matches? I’m ceratin we are many who would love to watch all the great matches again!

16. bowen
    May 6, 2013 at 9:13 am

Yes. All in good time, sir!

1. bowen
      May 7, 2013 at 6:48 pm

… Rounds 3 and 4 are now posted! More each week!