In Lyons, Colorado this weekend, the Lyons Spring Classic is bringing the pinball action. Some highlights of the weekend:
- On Friday, PAPA’s own Mark Steinman was poised to win the Pingolf tournament. Colorado local Donavan Stepp fell on Kismet at the final hole. The event was won by Zach Sharpe, who rolled to victory in the last group of the night.
- On Saturday, players met in three round-robin matches to determine seeding into the playoff bracket, with the top 16 earning byes. Escher Lefkoff, age 10, earned the #3 seed. The #1 seed was earned by Zach Sharpe, who rolled to victory in the round robin.
- Players played a double-elimination tournament, with the winners’ bracket playing best 3 out of 5, and the losers’ bracket playing best 2 out of 3. Fierce competition has left 4 players in the winners’ bracket through Saturday: Dean Grover, Jesse Gregory, Adam Lefkoff, and Zach Sharpe, who rolled to victory in each of his matches today.
- In the losers’ bracket, 4 players survived some difficult matches, while 4 others were eliminated in a tie for 9th place. Trent Augenstein defeated Kevin Neale, Joshua Henderson survived Kevin McCarthy, Dan Gutchess outlasted Art Dodd, and on Surfer, Nick Zendejas eliminated Keith Elwin.
- The final 8 will start up again tomorrow, and we’ll update you with the final results. As with other PAPA Circuit events, the winner will earn a spot in the next PAPA Circuit Final, while the top 24 earn points toward the Circuit leaderboard.