1. hassan
    October 21, 2013 at 5:54 am

Don’t know what tech you are using to show these vids, but they don’t run very well. And i am running on nice computer for it.
    Maybe you need a nasa computer for this?
    Is there any way that we can see on youtube or download the files?

October 22, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Not sure about needing a NASA computer, but the good news is the videos will both be available for download and on youtube within a few days.

2. ORD
    October 21, 2013 at 8:04 am

Twitch quality is not always dependent on your computer.
    The twitch servers are a factor (if there’s a LOL event that weekend, kiss your stable connection goodbye).
    The settings of the broadcast are a factor (most of the time, a good amount of Xsplit wizardry is required to make things work).
    You own computer is a factor (decent CPU and internet connection is a must, otherwise, try watching on a lower setting).

Things will get smoother down the line, but for now, my watching experience was fluid and stable for the most part.

3. Kelly
    October 21, 2013 at 11:02 am

We watched the majority of the finals with our laptop hooked up to our big screen. Every once in a while we would get some stuttering but otherwise the quality was great. I really enjoyed the variety in the commentary and learned some interesting things . The playing was inspirational, I had to get down to the basement and play afterwards. Watching papa tv even trumped the Bears game! I appreciate all the work done to make papa tv possible.

4. hassan
    October 21, 2013 at 5:47 pm

naah
    tried to watch again and it’s impossible 🙁
    my computer is good, runs everything perfectly, except these 🙁
    well hope this gets better in time.
    great work and thank you papa

5. Steve J
    October 21, 2013 at 7:57 pm

I can’t see them at all on my iPad, which is disappointing.

6. Al
    October 22, 2013 at 12:07 am

I’ve tried many times to watch these, the audio is fine but the video is totally laggy and completely unwatchable. I’ve tried streaming and downloading. The live stream worked fine but I could only watch for about an hour so I’ve been trying to go back and see everything I missed. The archives aren’t working out at all for me.

7. Andreas
    October 22, 2013 at 2:33 am

I can’t watch these videos either. Every 5 seconds it pauses for 1-2 seconds. And I have a 30 Mbit/s Internet connection.

I have watched all the other old format videos in the past without any problems whatsoever.
    Seems like there are just these Twitch videos that have problems.

If it helps, I’m watching this at 08.30 AM Swedish Time, which means it should be around midnight or so in US. So the Twitch server activity shouldn’t be that high.

Is there any chance that the videos could be made downloadable? Like the PAPA Circuit Final videos were.

8. MIKE
    October 22, 2013 at 10:32 pm

yep i cant watch anything? took me 2 minutes to hear 13 seconds of audio

9. hassan
    October 23, 2013 at 7:59 am

Video is unwatchable in every computer.
    But there is a way, click the tv link and go to the twitch page to see the video. Press play and then press pause. Video will keep on downloading and then you can watch it all without stutter.
    Frame rate still sucks though.

Also, could you guys put a tittle on every video? So we can choose what to watch?

And how about changing to youtube? 😀

10. Al
    October 24, 2013 at 9:37 am

I found out why I couldn’t get the archives to display without lag. The computer I was using was adequate for decoding the h.264 of your previous broadcast, but now that you’ve upped the resolution to 1920×1080 it just couldn’t handle it anymore. I switched to a more powerful pc and everything is fine. I love the increased quality, keep up the good work.

11. Darth Xaos
    October 24, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Suggestion: When doing a bracket tournament, it is probably best to pick a specific match each round and follow that one in its entirety. The skipping around game to game is good for qualifiers, but finals would benefit more in showing how a matchup unfolds from beginning to end.,

1. ORD
      October 25, 2013 at 3:55 am

Agreed.

October 25, 2013 at 3:24 pm

We tried to do this in the later rounds, and did it successfully a few times. The problem with earlier rounds is that players may have to wait on a game that is already in use prior to playing games 2 or 3 in their series.

At any rate, we’re definitely trying to do what you suggest as much as possible.