Medieval Madness Gameplay

Medieval Madness
Designer: Brian Eddy
Software: Lyman Sheats

1. Lyn
    November 7, 2013 at 8:42 am

Very Nice video and game play of MM. Thanks for posting.

2. JMP
    November 7, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Very nice. This feels like an improvement over some of the previous videos.

Some feedback:
    1. The video and audio are great!
    2. It would useful to credit the player who is behind the flipper buttons for the video. From the style of play, it looks like MHS.

To me, the playfield view seemed a little… much? I dunno. But then I realized – there’s a whole bunch of stuff that you *can’t* see on the top-down view, or that is highly obscured. Like the trolls, when they pop up. If you’ve never seen MM played in public, you’d wonder why the player is hitting those previously flat wooden door things that you previously just rolled over with just the top-down view. Very cool!

Filming pinball play is a new endeavor for, well, everyone, and trying out these new methods is great.

3. kent
    November 7, 2013 at 2:57 pm

I agree with JMP that the play field view is overkill. I also like having the DMD above the top down view as it seems harder to view when its to the left. I know the annoying part about filming pinball is that the ratio is completely opposite of 16:9 so there will be a lot of dead area.

I still love these videos and I’m happy to see new ones being produced. These videos are definitely keeping me more in to pinball when I’m away from the machines. I love watching these videos and then running to the nearest machine to try out new things I’ve learned.

I’m curious if the rerelease of Medieval Madness will be as good as the original..

Also I would love to see a Scared Stiff video!

4. Joel
    November 11, 2013 at 11:03 pm

I’m going to throw in my vote for “pro-play-field-view”. I really liked having two angles. I also liked having the DMD to the side of the overhead view, because it allowed the overhead view to take up the full top-to-bottom of the screen. These videos are great. keep up the good work.

5. ale
    November 17, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Yes, I’m also for the new format with 2 angles and DMD to the left. Also less clutter than the GeekGamerTV videos. Powerful intro! Very good play.

Thank you! 🙂

6. ale
    November 17, 2013 at 12:51 pm

wow! now I see you have a script turning quotes to “typographers quotes”. no moar bad typography, yeah!!!