PAPA Circuit Final: 1 Week Away

PAPA Circuit BeltThe PAPA Circuit Final starts on Thursday, March 27, at 9:30 am ET. Watch the best players duke it out for the coveted Circuit Belt, including defending champion Daniele Acciari! The winner of every game of the Circuit Final earns $100, and the last-place finisher is eliminated. When the battles end, the Circuit Champion earns $2500, a spot in the rafters, and a belt that goes with everything.

Today we can announce the seven pinball machines that will be played in the Circuit Final.

Indiana Jones

Mousin’ Around

Big Game

Grand Prix

Metallica

Harlem Globetrotters

Creature from the Black Lagoon

Games for the Circuit Final are subject to change at any time. The Circuit Final will be broadcast on PAPA’s Twitch channel. Subscribe to get a notification whenever the channel goes live.

PAPA HQ will be open throughout the day. Stop by, join the crowd, and watch the best compete for high stakes.

1. Rob Wintler-Cox
    March 20, 2014 at 10:01 am

I heartily approve of Mousin’ Around being one of the games… I look forward to it being picked for every round. Those darned mice!

2. Matt Hess
    March 20, 2014 at 10:14 am

Great game selection!

3. Todd Williams
    March 20, 2014 at 11:39 am

Love the game choice, it will be fun to watch. Daniele Acciari…will the defending champ be the #21 seed? I was wondering if the defending champ got an automatic spot to defend his belt.

4. March 20, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Will the circuit finals be broadcast live all day as they were last year?

5. bowen
    March 20, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Daniele Acciari will be the #21 seed and will play in the first game along with Brian Shepherd, Tim Hansen, and Andy Rosa. We’ll break down the entire Circuit Final field in a few days.

Yes, the entire Circuit Final will be broadcast live through PAPAtv, on PAPA’s Twitch channel: http://twitch.tv/papatvpinball

1. March 20, 2014 at 3:48 pm

WellI guess I know how I’ll be spending my Thursday! Thanks Bowen.

6. Soren
    March 20, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Regarding Star Trek The Next Gen and Mousin’ Aound, I’m very curious to what efforts are made to make them play different than factory default, if any.

I understand if the organisers do not want to share this information ahead of tee-off. But perhaps you want to bring it forward when appropriate. During transmission, perhaps.

7. bowen
    March 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Agreed, we will do just that. Thanks and hope you can watch it live!

8. Steve
    March 20, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Soren,

I think it’s safe to assume the Mousin Around center ramp will be disabled — the 3-bank target will drop, but the ramp won’t score points. If I’m right, my big question on this one will be seeing whether the players will still hit 1-2-3 to drop the center ramp bank as a bit of insurance against reflex drains.

I guess the Star Trek TNG problem you’re referring to is timing out modes to get to Final Frontier. (Correct?) I’m not sure what can be done in hardware or software to avoid this.

-Steve

March 21, 2014 at 9:00 pm

Mousin Around ramp will be fully functional, though narrowed.

STTNG holodeck-all-day is the primary concern over timing out modes. Still testing a solution, but it’s safe to say if there is a game in the group that is still tentative, it is STTNG.

9. Lyn
    March 21, 2014 at 5:52 pm

I am really forward to the broadcast, to watch live. This will be great. Game selection is really cool and will offer lots of challenges and different types of gameplay, making it very interesting to watch. Can’t wait. I enjoy the announcers, their commentary during play is always really good and guest speakers as extra bonus.

10. Dave
    March 23, 2014 at 7:25 pm

Simple fix for STTNG holodeck:
    – Must take 25M.
    – If you accidentally choose holodeck, cannot touch flippers. You’ll crash immediately, thus worth less than 25M. There will also be enough observers to scream obsenities at the person who accidentally selects holodeck to remind them not play it.
    – Remind each player before the start of any game on that machine, or put note on backglass.

This rule is no more difficult for players to follow than a rule that states you must plunge a ball that drops into plunger lane during multiball.

11. Timmay
    March 25, 2014 at 1:10 am

Replacing light lock on plunge with 1 lock then multiplier is how ours is set on location and that seems to balance it out well. No free multiball or holidecks, but someone could right ramp->holideck still.

12. bowen
    March 26, 2014 at 10:47 am

Star Trek TNG has been replaced by Baywatch. Same genre: widebody syndicated mid-90s TV with uniforms and an autoplunger.

13. NOB
    March 26, 2014 at 6:24 pm

Any information on when the broadcast starts? I’ve already subscribed to the twitch feed, but that doesn’t do me much good. I’d love to be able watch the whole thing, which is pretty much impossible with twitch’s “broadcast has started, better get home now” notice.

I can’t state enough how much I appreciate the work you’re putting into that whole broadcast thing (player cam 2000 is exactly what I was asking for many months ago), but a little bit more communication on actual broadcast times would be nice – preferably with UTC time, so I don’t have to figure out whether it’s supposed to be PAPA HQ time or event location time, or if your DST over there is different from mine.

1. bowen
      March 26, 2014 at 8:18 pm

The Circuit Final will start at 9:30am ET, 1:30pm UTC, on Thursday, March 27. The entire Circuit Final will be broadcast live on PAPAtv.

Thanks and we think you’ll like the further improvements we have made to our broadcasts.