Pinburgh 2014 Results!

Congratulations to Jim Belsito, the 2014 Pinburgh Match-Play Champion!

Other winners were Joe Said in B, Mark Pearson in C, and Scott Wilson in D divisions.

Top four in each division are posted here: http://pinburgh.com/2014/live/#results

Our thanks go out to everyone for making this such a successful event!

1. Adam
    March 31, 2014 at 12:43 pm

So great. I missed the end of the stream. Please tell me you have a recording of the epic 3-way tie breaker on Dracula that you’ll be cutting to post! I can’t wait to watch the rest of the matches I didn’t get to see!

1. bowen
      March 31, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Absolutely, Adam. In the meantime you can watch that game from the Twitch feed:

Look at around the 4h 15m mark for the battle between Escher Lefkoff, Jason Werdrick, and Steve Bowden.

2. NOB
    March 31, 2014 at 6:59 pm

Once again a great broadcast, backing that kickstarter has really paid off. I wasn’t able to catch the whole thing, though, is the broadcast going to be available for non-live viewing on twitch at some point (I thought it would be by now)?

3. DHS
    March 31, 2014 at 9:49 pm

It is available on twitch right now: click the ‘videos’ tab. Because MHS forgot to fix the title before starting the broadcast, it’s listed as ‘circuit final’, but recorded on sunday.

Sean Grant to me was the commentary-find of the weekend: he was insightful and attentive to the game. If I have more long-winded feedback, where should I send it?

4. EvanBingham
    April 2, 2014 at 12:39 am

Great commentary by Sean Grant! I would love to hear more of what he has to say in upcoming broadcasts if he is available.

5. Mats Runsten
    April 2, 2014 at 5:35 am

Yes, this was a great broadcast again!
    One thing that would be nice is if it would be possible to also display the name of the person playing. I think I recognize most players, but I suppose not everyone does.

Also, even though I can understand the descision to strictly follow one group at a time, I kind of missed watching what was going on in the other groups. Especially if you, like me, wanted to follow a special person (Jorian) whose groups never got picked for broadcasting.

Regarding the commentary I think it was very good in general. Perhaps they are a little afraid of silence and talk a little too much sometimes?

Also, at times they didn´t really seem to have knowledge about the standings in the different groups, or even in the group they were actually commentating. That´s something you don´t see in many other sports. 🙂
    So, either Kevin should find a way too easily display the standings for everyone in the facility (so the commentators can see it), or the commentators should make notes themselves.

Thanks again for a great TV-evening!
    Mats Runsten

6. April 15, 2014 at 3:41 am

Curious when the results will be posted to IFPA? Haven’t seen the rankings update with them yet.

Also, suggestion for PAPA TV broadcast. For future events, would it be possible to add a low-bandwidth, audio-only feed (no video)? In many cases, video is not needed (it’s redundant with simply watching the games in real life when there), or video takes too much bandwidth. An audio-only feed would be great for listening to, either at the facility or on the airplane ride back home 🙂

Josh Lehan