Update: All 25 reserved carpool parking spaces are assigned. Don’t forget about the other lot!
We’re about to throw a pinball party for 400 of our closest friends, and that makes parking a crunch on Friday. Other local businesses are in operation. Some of the spaces people think of as “PAPA parking” are used by these other businesses during regular hours, and off limits to players.
PAPA HQ has 25 dedicated parking spaces that will be assigned to Pinburgh 2014 carpools of at least four tournament players.
Some important notes:
- This is not the only parking available. PAPA has rented an additional parking lot near the facility. The extra parking lot is located at 29 Noblestown Road, Carnegie, PA 15106, less than a quarter-mile from PAPA HQ. Please be aware some older GPS units may lead you astray when using this address. For any travelers arriving from the airport or the Courtyard and Hyatt hotels, via Interstate 79, the parking lot is the white building one turn on the right hand side before the bridge crossing the river in front of PAPA. This white building is next to a large warehouse labelled “VESUVIUS” that is easily visible after exiting 79. The parking lot will also be marked with signs. This parking lot is first-come, first-served, but is fairly large. You can use this lot anytime, but we especially encourage it during work hours on Thursday and Friday.
- PAPA will not be operating a shuttle at Pinburgh 2014. Please coordinate with other players for rides to PAPA HQ if you do not have your own vehicle. If necessary, it is an inexpensive taxi ride from all participating hotels. Taxi pickup at Pinburgh at the end of a day is possible, but unreliable. If you took a taxi to Pinburgh, make some friends!
- Carpool reservations are for Friday only. On all other days, there is no reservation system for parking, and the PAPA HQ spaces will be first-come, first-served.
- Non-tournament players do not count toward the carpool requirement. A parking space will not be assigned unless the email includes the names of at least four tournament players. We will check, so don’t make things up!
- There is no priority to carpools that include more than four tournament players, although we will be most grateful.
- If your name is Brian Bannon or Joe Scaletta, you can ignore this message, since you purchased a reserved parking space in the PAPA TV Kickstarter campaign. Thank you!
- If a player’s name appears in multiple emails, a parking space will not be assigned to that group. Please coordinate and do not send duplicate emails or emails from multiple members of the same carpool.
Parking spaces are reserved until 9:30 am Friday, March 28. If a group does not claim their spot by 9:30, it will be given away.
All players are responsible for checking in for Pinburgh 2014 by 10:45 am Friday, March 28. We encourage players to visit PAPA HQ on Thursday, March 27 to see the Circuit Final, play Pingolf, practice on the Pinburgh machines, and avoid any registration lines on Friday morning.
We look forward to seeing you soon, and thanks for being part of the event!